All Grievances Must Evaporate for the Light to Be Seen
For March 10, my thoughts* on ACIM Lesson 69.
March 10, 2023 / by Debra Yvonne Simmons, Not Ashamed Of Christ
* Please read to the very end for a significant understanding about how the Course could be so easily misunderstood.
My grievances hide the light of the world in me.
* The light of the world IS STILL in me; I just am not able to see it.
* And note that there is a light in the world which in and of itself says that the world IS and is not completely illusion like some have suggested that the Course states.
1. No one can look upon what your grievances conceal. ²Because your grievances are hiding the light of the world in you, everyone stands in darkness, and you beside him. ³But as the veil of your grievances is lifted, you are released with him. ⁴Share your salvation now with him who stood beside you when you were in hell. ⁵He is your brother in the light of the world that saves you both.
* True forgiveness removes your grievances. There are many kinds of false forgiveness that do not do what Jesus is teaching us in the Course and are acts of hate actually, instead of an act of love which Forgiveness is. (True Forgiveness knows that God IS and that anything outside of God’s Will is impossible therefore our suffering that was brought about by belief in separation from God is the illusion along with all consequences from that belief.)
2. Today let us make another real attempt to reach the light in you. ²Before we undertake this in our more extended practice period, let us devote several minutes to thinking about what we are trying to do. ³We are literally attempting to get in touch with the salvation of the world. ⁴We are trying to see past the veil of darkness that keeps it concealed. ⁵We are trying to let the veil be lifted, and to see the tears of God’s Son disappear in the sunlight.
3. Let us begin our longer practice period today with the full realization that this is so, and with real determination to reach what is dearer to us than all else. ²Salvation is our only need. ³There is no other purpose here, and no other function to fulfill. ⁴Learning salvation is our only goal. ⁵Let us end the ancient search today by finding the light in us, and holding it up for everyone who searches with us to look upon and rejoice.
4. Very quietly now, with your eyes closed, try to let go of all the content that generally occupies your consciousness. ²Think of your mind as a vast circle, surrounded by a layer of heavy, dark clouds. ³You can see only the clouds because you seem to be standing outside the circle and quite apart from it.
5. From where you stand, you can see no reason to believe there is a brilliant light hidden by the clouds. ²The clouds seem to be the only reality. ³They seem to be all there is to see. ⁴Therefore, you do not attempt to go through them and past them, which is the only way in which you would be really convinced of their lack of substance. ⁵We will make this attempt today.
* The clouds represent the results of and the belief of separation from God.
6. After you have thought about the importance of what you are trying to do for yourself and the world, try to settle down in perfect stillness, remembering only how much you want to reach the light in you today, — now! ²Determine to go past the clouds. ³Reach out and touch them in your mind. ⁴Brush them aside with your hand; feel them resting on your cheeks and forehead and eyelids as you go through them. ⁵Go on; clouds cannot stop you.
* I absolutely love the imagery!
7. If you are doing the exercises properly, you will begin to feel a sense of being lifted up and carried ahead. ²Your little effort and small determination call on the power of the universe to help you, and God Himself will raise you from darkness into light. ³You are in accord with His Will. ⁴You cannot fail because your will is His.
8. Have confidence in your Father today, and be certain that He has heard you and answered you. ²You may not recognize His answer yet, but you can indeed be sure that it is given you and you will yet receive it. ³Try, as you attempt to go through the clouds to the light, to hold this confidence in your mind. ⁴Try to remember that you are at last joining your will to God’s. ⁵Try to keep the thought clearly in mind that what you undertake with God must succeed. ⁶Then let the power of God work in you and through you, that His Will and yours be done.
* Remember that letting go of the grievances is another way to say “Forgiveness”. You can do this and do it completely, hold nothing back and no one outside of the clearing so that your light might be exposed for all to see (and feel).
9. In the shorter practice periods, which you will want to do as often as possible in view of the importance of today’s idea to you and your happiness, remind yourself that your grievances are hiding the light of the world from your awareness. ²Remind yourself also that you are not searching for it alone, and that you do know where to look for it. ³Say, then:
⁴My grievances hide the light of the world in me. ⁵I cannot see what I have hidden. ⁶Yet I want to let it be revealed to me, for my salvation and the salvation of the world.
⁷Also, be sure to tell yourself:
⁸If I hold this grievance the light of the world will be hidden from me,
if you are tempted to hold anything against anyone today.
* In the Web Edition a portion of this sentence is not kept in italics and is lower making it look as if it is not a part of the sentence. It is also separated by a comma. “…if you are tempted to hold anything against anyone today.” But it must be united and be in one sentence to teach what Jesus is saying.
* ⁸If I hold this grievance the light of the world will be hidden from me if ~*I AM~ tempted to hold anything against anyone today ~*OR EVER~.
* I do not for a second believe that this was meant to be separated because it is VITAL to the original thought.
* Removing it and changing the pronoun has altered the meaning and left people the opportunity to teach something that is NOT what Jesus taught and that is that we have to forgive one person or one day at a time. That is NOT so. We are able to forgive once and for all, and then be led by the Wholly Spirit.
* This is VERY IMPORTANT in understanding Jesus’ message.
(https://acim.org/acim/en/s/472#1:1-9:8 | W-69.1:1–9:8)
Till next time, God bless, debi.