My Thoughts* On ACIM Lesson 353 We Are The Christ and Do Not Need To Be Ashamed of That
This lesson explains how and why.
Lesson 353 (ACIM, W-353.1:1–5)
My eyes, my tongue, my hands, my feet today have but one purpose; to be given Christ to use to bless the world with miracles.
* … To be given to God as the Christ and for the use of the Christ in the world that Heaven may be revealed once again.
1. Father, I give all that is mine today to Christ, to use in any way that best will serve the purpose that I share with Him.
* Personally, I give Jesus all that is mine today because I do accept that Jesus is the first one to have accepted all that the Atonement is AND that he personally recalls being in the presence of the Father as a Whole Sonship. I trust that Jesus supervises the Universal Plan along with other ascended masters and that they see with the assistance of the Holy Spirit much further than I can. Thus I give it all into their hands that they might use me as they see fit while trusting that I will understand what they wish me to do day by day by the guidance that I have of the Holy Spirit within me.
²Nothing is mine alone, for He and I have joined in purpose. ³Thus has learning come almost to its appointed end. ⁴A while I work with Him to serve His purpose. ⁵Then I lose myself in my Identity, and recognize that Christ is but my Self.
* Read these last 4 sentences and understand that we ARE the Christ. This is our true identity. We have been led to this place through these lessons but I have to admit that I do the lessons with you from the place of understanding that this is who we are, along with the rest of creation and All That Is.
* Embrace the fact that Christ is all that can be experienced in the world or in our minds because Christ is what we are.
* This is established by the Creator which I call God, as Jesus of Nazareth and the author of ACIM does.
* It is not religion, it is fact.
* To be willing to see only Christ is to understand what we truly are and to see our unity and oneness Within the Mind of God where only His Will exists and it is manifested through His Son by God’s decision and intention.
* This should be comforting and empowering rather than creating a feeling of bondage which the EGO has manifested in our mind when, in fact, it is the frightened EGO that believes we cannot recover from our mistake before God and that we are worthy of death.
* We all KNOW that Christ is innocent whether we actually believe that there is a Christ or not. That witness of His innocence comes from the Holy Spirit. YOU are INNOCENT as the CHRIST. So is your neighbor, friend, and foe/enemy.
* Do not worry about the details. Do not worry about what that means or the implications or nuances. These things will be worked out IN YOUR MIND with the assistance of the Holy Spirit that resides in each of us.
* Accepting Christ is where we start. Some of us have to do this before we can accept the fact that WE ARE the CHRIST. I did. And it took me decades to learn to forgive myself and let God’s Love into my life.
* It does not matter the form or the path or even the amount of time that it takes you to get to this place. It just needs to happen for each of us so that we accept our own INNOCENCE and WORTHINESS of accepting the LOVE that comes from the Creator to His Son. And, while it seems like there is two or space between the Father and the Son from our human experience we are able to grasp the idea that there is NO DIVISION and NO SPACE (or Time) between the two.
* That reality does not negate the fact that there IS a Father and a Son. Without accepting this truth we lose the witness of our own reality and that of God.
Thank you for sharing this time with me.
Till next time, God bless, debi.